Your Child's First Visit
Your Childs First Dental Appointment in Scottsdale
It is important to start children early in the right direction to good dental hygiene. At Noel W. Korf, DDS, your Scottsdale Pediatric Dentistry, we strive to make your child’s visit educational and enjoyable. We want your child to feel good about visiting the dentist and understand the importance of taking care of their teeth. As parents, you can help us make your child’s visit a positive one.
It is best to refrain from using words around your child that might cause unnecessary fear, such as needle, pull, drill or hurt. Pediatric dental offices make a practice of using words that convey the same message, but are pleasant and non-frightening to a child.
We are all highly experienced in helping children overcome anxiety. Separation anxiety is not uncommon in children, so please try not to be concerned if your child exhibits some negative behavior. This is normal and will soon diminish.
What will your child experience during their first visit to our Scottsdale Pediatric Dentistry?
- All teeth and soft tissues will be fully examined
- Occlusion, the way our teeth fit together, will be evaluated
- Discussions with you and your child on any habits (thumb-sucking, pacifiers, bottles, etc.)
- Teeth will be cleaned and polished
- Fluoride treatment will be provided
- Brushing and flossing techniques will be reviewed
- Dental x-rays will be taken to diagnose cavities, infections, tooth positions, and location of unerupted teeth.
We value the trust you place in us as part of your child’s healthcare team, and appreciate your cooperation in creating a positive, confidence boosting experience for your child.